Saturday, January 24, 2009

I caddied for him


Yep. Sure did, back when he was slumming it on the Canadian Tour which seems like ages ago (because it was) I caddied for Steve Stricker in the Ontario Open at Glenway Country Club. I can't remember the year, it had to be between 1989-1992.

Now he's 33 under after four rounds
at the Bob Hope Classic. It's very likely he took all the advice a 13 year old caddy could give to him and put that shit to good use. You're welcome Steve, I'll take my cut anytime now.

Golf is more interesting to watch when par is a struggle. This birdie barrage down in the desert is kind of boring. Weekend choke artist Vaughn Taylor better put a good round together tomorrow so I vault up the standings in my golf pool. However, seeing as how his bed sheets usually need to be replaced come Sunday, I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

The Armchair Golfer said...

Very cool. So, was he like the nicest guy in the world even back then?

The Reverend said...

always has been a class act.